That’s right, this About page is starting with a note About You. And your business.
Your business is so much more than sales and clients. Whether you offer a professional service or are a creative small business or solo entrepreneur, you have something to offer that many other similar businesses do not. Are you communicating these things in a way that reaches your potential clients and customers?
Maybe you are here for something specific, or maybe you aren’t even sure yet what is it is you need. That’s ok. We’ll figure it out together. Tell me what you do and how you want to bring your business to the next level. Contact me for a free, no obligation consultation.
I call myself a “creative alchemist,” because I bring a multi-faceted background in marketing, graphic and intercultural aesthetics to my design work.
My entry into graphic design evolved organically many years ago after working in marketing communications, PR, public information and intercultural communications.
In the past almost-thirty years I’ve done design and copywriting work for quite a few UCLA departments, a nation-wide magazine network, the City of Los Angeles, and many, many small businesses.
I am often called upon to both design and edit on projects for a cohesive message.
You may have noticed the origami birds. They are a nod to my past as a Japan specialist, and my love for Japanese aesthetics, which occasionally influence my work.
Each new project is a journey of discovery. I love learning about the companies and individuals I work with, what they do, and the WHY they do it.
- Member of AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts)
- B.A., Asian Studies, magna cum laude; SUNY New Paltz
- M.A., Japanese Language & Literature; UCLA
- Marketing Director, Mar Vista Neighborhood Association (volunteer) 2013-2017
- PR Coordinator, JNET Business Networking (volunteer)
- Recipient, City of L.A. Certificate of Appreciation for Graphic Design in Outreach
- Recipient, City of L.A. Certificate of Appreciation for Contributions to Community
- Entrepreneur.com Indie Merchant Finalist